Smith-Weiss Shepard, P.C. is a full-service law firm that can meet all of your legal needs. Our attorneys have extensive experience in civil, criminal, and appellate litigation and can represent you in the following areas:
No matter the size of your estate, Smith-Weiss Shepard, P.C. can provide an estate-planning solution, including Wills, Trusts, and Powers of Attorney for financial and health purposes, to declare your wishes and provide for your family.
In addition to estate plans, we handle guardianships and conservatorships, probate and trust administration, and probate litigation.
Family law comprises of a variety of legal areas, including:
- • Prenuptial Agreements
- • Divorce/Legal Separation
- • Alimony
- • Property Division and Allocation of Assets and Debts
- • Qualified Domestic Relations Order
- • Parenting Plans
- • Child Support and Related Costs
- • Modification and Post-Divorce Issues
- • Abuse/Neglect Issues
- • Contempt
- • Restraining Orders
We recognize that clients in family law conflicts are experiencing life changing events and we want to help you. Our attorneys are experienced family law practitioners who will represent you at all stages in your family law matter (including the Supreme Court).
Whether you are seeking to recover damages involving a business or personal matter, enforcing or defending a contract, obtaining or defending against mechanics or other liens, or defending, securing, or enforcing a judgment, the experienced attorneys at Smith-Weiss Shepard, PC will zealously represent you with all of your civil litigation needs.
Personal injury representation at Smith-Weiss Shepard, PC involves representation of both plaintiffs who have been injured as well as the representation of defendants who have been accused of injuring another. Our experienced litigators understand the particular stresses involved for the personal injury client and are willing to take the time to understand your needs. Our firm can represent you on:
- • Motor Vehicle Accidents
- • Construction Injuries
- • Slip and Fall Injuries
Our experienced attorneys at Smith-Weiss Shepard, P.C. can represent you if you have been charged with a criminal offense, including a felonies, misdemeanors or motor vehicle violations, or if you are facing a restraining order.
Smith-Weiss Shepard, P.C. offers a variety of transactional services to business clients, assisting with mergers and acquisitions and entity formation and governance. These services include, but are not limited to, establishing a Limited Liability Company, Corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship, and drafting operating agreements, buyout agreements and corporate documents.
In addition to our full service title company, which is the real estate closing division of Smith-Weiss Shepard, P.C., we offer representation to individuals or businesses, cooperatives or associations. Additional real estate representation includes:
- • Condominiums, Cooperatives, Homeowners Associations and Manufactured Housing Developments (Community Associations)
- • Construction Disputes
- • Title and Boundary Disputes
- • Landlord and Tenant
- • Zoning, Planning and Land Use
- • Foreclosures and Short Sales
- • Drafting and Enforcing Restrictive Covenants
Condominiums, Cooperatives, Homeowners Associations and Manufactured Housing Developments (Community Associations)
Our practice has long been concentrated on representing community associations. We are well versed in the many aspects of community association law including:
- • Drafting By-Laws, Declarations, Rules, and Proprietary Leases
- • Covenant and Rule Enforcement
- • Attending Board and Unit Owner Meetings
- • Collection of Unpaid Rent, Common Charges and Assessments
- • Bank and Lien Foreclosures
- • Unit/Lot Sale Issues
- • Compliance With State and Local Regulations
Smith-Weiss Shepard, PC can help navigate your bankruptcy filing and help you understand the bankruptcy laws that may affect your case. Please contact us for an initial office visit where we will acquaint you with basic information about bankruptcy and assess your current financial situation in order to determine your need and eligibility for the filing of a bankruptcy case.
Smith-Weiss Shepard, P.C. can handle all of your closing needs including:
- • Closings for Residential and Commercial Transactions
- • Drafting and Reviewing Loan Documents
- • Drafting and Reviewing Purchase and Sales Agreements
- • Deed Preparation/Review
- • Title Searches
- • Preparing Title Opinion Letters
- • Issuing Title Insurance Policies
- • Preparing Settlement Statements
- • Escrow Agent
- • Recording Deeds/Mortgages
Smith-Weiss Shepard, P.C. works closely with you, your lender and realtor so that your closing will be as pleasant and efficient as possible. Our fees are competitive and we are able to expedite your closings for properties throughout the State of New Hampshire and Massachusetts.